lunes, abril 10, 2006

Sueño de una noche de verano

Hermia y Helena

Hermia

God speed fair Helena! whither away?

Helena

Call you me fair? that fair again unsay.

Demetrius loves your fair: O happy fair!

Your eyes are lode-stars; and your tongue's sweet air

More tuneable than lark to shepherd's ear,

When wheat is green, when hawthorn buds appear.

Sickness is catching: O, were favour so,

Yours would I catch, fair Hermia, ere I go;

My ear should catch your voice, my eye your eye,

My tongue should catch your tongue's sweet melody.

Were the world mine, Demetrius being bated,

The rest I'd give to be to you translated.

O, teach me how you look, and with what art

You sway the motion of Demetrius' heart.

Hermia

I frown upon him, yet he loves me still.

(Hermia
Dios te guarde, bella Helena. ¿Dónde vas?
Helena
¿Me has llamado bella? Lo has de retirar.
Demetrio ama tu belleza. ¡Gran dicha!
Le guían tus ojos, y tu voz divina
le suena más dulce que al pastor la alondra
cuando el trigo es verde y el espino brota.
El mal se contagia. ¡Pero no un semblante!
El tuyo, mi Hermia, quisiera robarte.
Mi oído, tu voz; mis ojos anhelan
tus ojos; mi lengua, el son de tu lengua.
Fuera mío el mundo, menos a Demetrio,
por cambiarme en ti lo daría entero.
¡Ah, enséñame a ser bella, dime ya
Hermia

Le miro con ceño, pero él sigue amándome)

(Act I, scene I.)

*****

Hadas


Fairy

Over hill, over dale,

Thorough bush, thorough brier,

Over park, over pale,

Thorough flood, thorough fire,

I do wander everywhere,

Swifter than the moon's sphere;

And I serve the fairy queen,

To dew her orbs upon the green.

The cowslips tall her pensioners be:

In their gold coats spots you see;

Those be rubies, fairy favours,

In those freckles live their savours:

I must go seek some dewdrops here

And hang a pearl in every cowslip's ear.

Farewell, thou lob of spirits; I'll be gone:

Our queen and all our elves come here anon.

(Hada
Por valle y collado,
por soto y brezal,
por parque y cercado,
por fuego y por mar.
Por doquier me muevo presta,
como la luna en su esfera.
A mi Hada Reina sirvo
y en la hierba formo círculos.
Sus guardianas son las prímulas:
sus mantos dorados brillan
de rubíes, don de hadas;
vive en ellos su fragancia.
Traeré gotas de rocío, por prenderlas
en la oreja de estas flores como perlas.
Adiós, espíritu burdo; ya te dejo.
Nuestra reina se aproxima con sus elfos)

(Act II, scene I.)

*****

*Ilustraciones de Arthur Rackham

No hay comentarios.: